Holy Grail Drugstore foundation & Powder Routine

I know eveyone has that one foundation that they always go back to even when they have about 10 others in their collection. I have tried foundation after foundation trying to find one that sits on my skin the way that i want it to and just make my skin look flawless and smooth. I know everyone gets caught up in the release of a new high end foundation (because i do) and i sometimes have to restrain myself from buying them as i already have enough foundation to last me a life time, and sometimes in the release of a drugstore foundation which i do buy and they're always super affordable and wont break the bank. And if i don't like them then i dont feel as bad.

I do have slightly combination skin so i do tend to get a bit oily throughout my t-zone and around my nose and chin, but that is only when its super hot and it rarley is in the UK. So i need a foundation that is going to stay on all day and not budge, and this one definately does the job. i try to use all of the other foundations in my collection but when they don't look right it stresses me out so i take it of and then go back to the same one and then im happy again.


For me my favourite holy grail foundation i the Rimmel lasting finish 25HR breathable foundation. now i dont know why anyone in their right mind would want to wear their makeuo for 25 hours, i can never wait to take mine of. This foundation retails for £8.99 in superdrug but you can often find it on offer in saver for £4.99 as they often have everything on rimmel for under a fiver. It is such a lightweight formula and very long wearing which is great as you dont always want a heavy foundation on your face but you still want that coverage. This is a great foudation if your just starting out with makeup as you can put on as little as you want for a natural look or build it up as much as you want for a full coverage look and it wont get cakey (i always go for the full coverage look). It does have a slight dewiness to the foundation which i dont mind as i use a lot of powder any ways.


Depending on what you prefer you could leave you face looking slightly dewy and drench you face in powder (which is was i usually do when i dont want my makeup to budge). So speaking of powder i have tried so many in the past, some have worked great and some just not so much. My go to powder that i always go back to and it never fails to make my foundation look amazing is the Lottie London Ready Set! Go loose powder. I have always heard Stephanie Toms talking about this one on youtube and i had to try it as it is so affordable and in superdrug it retails for £5.45 which is incredible as it is such a lovely loose powder and always makes my foundation look so smooth and flawless. This is a good powder to bake with but i dont like to do that as i find it doesnt make my foundation look as smooth as it would if i was to just dust it over my face which is what i prefer to do.


If you get the chance to try this perfect combination i would definately go for it as they are 100% worth trying. I promise you wont regret it. 

Jessica .x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Drugstore Face Mask's

Summer beauty essentials

Morphe 35M Boss Mood Artistry Eyeshadow Palette Review & Swatches