Kat Von D Haul & Review

I always hear such great things about her makeup and i wanted to try some more of her products. I have only ever tried one thing from Kat Von D and that was the tattoo liner, its my favourite and the only one that i can really use properly and get a good wing with. So when i was last up i saw an offer for her lock it foundation and her lock it hydrating primer both of them for £40, i have always wanted to try them both so i thought that while they're on offer I'd get them.


I love trying new foundation and i have been wanting to try this foundation for the longest time now but i never really got the chance to try/buy it. I love a good full coverage foundation (almost like a mask but this foundation has got insane coverage more than the ones i already use. Its got a matte finish which is great for me as i have quite oily skin and all foundations seem to separate around my t-zone and on my chin but this is so matte that it doesn't even really do that as much and it just works really well for my skin type. I have been using this foundation nearly everyday for just over a week now and it has quickly become my new go to/favourite. just has that coverage that i have always been looking for.
With my other foundation i always need to use loads to get that desired coverage but as this one is quite thick i only really need to use less than one pump and it covers my whole face and more. It does dry down rather fast so you do need to be quick blending it out and putting concealer on top, but that doesn't really bother me as long as I'm quick.


I have tried so many primers in the past, some of them i loved and still use and some of them not so much. The lock it primer is more of a hydrating primer so since the foundation is so matte i find that for my skin type they work really well together. This primer is infused with shea, jojoba, Aloe vera and vitamin b5 so it is going to be super moisturising for your skin. I didn't expect for this primer to be like a gel and quite runny, i thought that it was going to be more of a cream and quite thick. Personally i do like my primers to be more of a gel consistency and i find that they work better for me. My foundation, no matter which one i am using goes on top of it so nice and looks so smooth and flawless.
There's not much else i can say about this, as it is just a primer but overall i love the consistency and the way my foundation goes on top of it and it also helps minimise the appearance of pores, it also leaves a tacky finish to your face, which i like as it makes the foundation stick and have a longer staying power.


Now the highlighter is insane, I'm so glad that i bought it. i did think that the formula was going to be more like the alchemist holographic highlighter palette but it has more of a glittery finish. It sort of has like a teal finish which i really like. Its so blinding it catches the light from nearly every single angle. i found that when using this, if you use a wet brush it goes on so much better and way less glittery and more metallic. Its just amazing and if its possible to love a highlighter, i do. You can use this in so many ways, use it as an eyeshadow topper, amazing in the inner corner, over lipstick, topper over your normal highlighter, or what ever you want to use it over.
For £10 you really cant go wrong and i definitely recommend purchasing if you love different highlighters with a more glittery finish. For being more of a glitter formula you would expect it to be quite chunky and have a lot of fall out but its quite the opposite, at least that it for me anyways. It stays in place all day and looked the same at the end of the day as when i put it on at the start. i really do hope that they create more shades in this as i would definitely buy them all.


Overall i think that i have a new found love for Kat Von D makeup and i will definitely be trying more products from her line. especially if they're as good as what i have already tried.
I hope you all enjoyed ready this, i enjoyed writing this and i would love it if everyone that reaches the end would follow my blog, it would really mean a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Drugstore Face Mask's

Summer beauty essentials

Morphe 35M Boss Mood Artistry Eyeshadow Palette Review & Swatches