Review: October 2018 Glossy Box

The October glossy box this month has been inspired by Halloween. They have done something very different this month and have done 2 different boxes. So you will either get a trick box or a treat box. Both boxes will contain the same products and the same amount of products but some shades in various products may vary. Everything in this box is cruelty free! All boxes will contain 4 full size products and 1 deluxe mini that will help you take on Halloween. I was really impressed with this months and the all the contents in the both come to £68 which is incredible considering the box is £13 a month.

Illamasqua Antimatter Lipstick in Nebula
There was 2 lipstick shades that were included and you wither got a bright pink lipstick or a purple one. I have never tried anything from illamasqua before but i will defiantly be wanting to try more products from them. This is a full size product and it retails for £20. This lipstick formula is so long lasting  and super pigmented. I received the shade nebula which is a more purple pink. it is a semi matte finish, it glides on to the lips so smoothly and provides a comfortable wear. This shade of lipstick i believe would suit a lot of different skin tones.

MUA Luxe Set & Reflect Finishing Kit.
In each glossy box that someone received there would be one of these included, it would either be a powder, highlighter or bronzer duo. I have tried a lot of products from MUA in the past and they have all amazed me. This is such an affordable brand but their products are absolutely amazing. This is a 2-in-1 product including a translucent setting powder and a white gold highlighter, it also retails for £5 which is incredible for how amazing it is. The powder is so smooth and it does a really good job at setting my makeup in place. The highlighter is so lovely and it adds a soft luminescent glow and giving a soft dewy glow without looking to over the top.

Luna By Luna Cosmetic Translucent Loose Powder
This is the first product by this brand that i have received in a glossy box, it is a full size product and it retails for £17. I do go through a lot of powder so it was great to receive another one this month. I have been using this powder everyday since i received it and I'm amazed, my base has never looked so good. It sets my foundation in place so nicely and makeup it look so smooth. It doesn't settle into any of my fine lines or pores and doesn't cake up. It is a really nice texture for a loose powder as i don't like my loose powders to be to finely milled, but this one is just right.

This Works In Transit Camera Close-up
Again this is the first products that i have tried from this brand and I'm really wanting to buy this in the full size and i really love it. it isn't full size but it is still a 20ml which for me will last quite a while, as a little goes along way. This is a 3-in-1 product using it for a mask, moisturiser and a primer. I have been using this product everyday since i received it and i have been using it as a primer. I have found that it works amazing as a primer and my foundation goes on amazing and looks so smooth. It has such an amazing scent and it does kind of mattify my skin which i didn't expect.

Sleek Eyeshadow Palette in Oh So Special
I have received a couple of sleek eyeshadow palettes in previous boxes and this is my favourite out of the all as it has a great variety of matte and shimmer shades. This palette is full size and retails for £8.99. All of the shades are so pigmented and they all blend out really easily. I have read a lot of reviews saying that this certain palette is a dupe for the urban decay naked 3 palette and since looking at them both and looking at swatches i kind of agree. If your not wanting to pay the full price for the urban decay palette then this sleek palette is definitely a one to try.

Comments

Kerry said…
I loved this month's Glossybox. The contents were fab and full size. The lipstick is amazing too and I'm a red head - a lot of pinks don't suit me.

Popular posts from this blog

Best Drugstore Face Mask's

Summer beauty essentials

Morphe 35M Boss Mood Artistry Eyeshadow Palette Review & Swatches