Revolution Makeup Gift Set 12 Days Of Christmas Advent Box Review

So i have never had a beauty advent calendar before and this is the first year that i have one. I could have gotten a full 24/25 day one but tbh there wasn't any that i was feeling, or there was they were just too expensive. So the one that i have this year is the Revolution 12 days of Christmas box. To me this doesn't seem like a calendar as there is no doors to open and you already know what your gonna get, but nonetheless I'm still really happy that i got this one and i don't really mind that and i still enjoyed opening one this everyday. I'm still surprised that i haven't opened this yet as it has been sitting in my room for nearly 2 month now.

DAY ONE:
The first day in this "Calendar" is a travel Brush Set. now I'm not a one for travel size brushes but since i received it in this box i thought i might as well try them. at first i was quite sceptical as i thought they wouldn't live up to much but i was quite surprised to find that they are really soft. i di manage to find a use for each one of them, maybe not their intended use but what i used them for they worked great. The powder brush i found great for applying powder to my under eyes as it was small enough to do so. The concealer brush i actually used for applying concealer to my under eyes, The eyeshadow brush was great for applying metallic sort of shadows and lastly the eyebrow brow was a tad to thick but i still managed to get a good look with it.



DAY TWO:
Day 2 was a Lip Gloss Trio. Now i love lip gloss so i was glad to see these in here. I wore one of these all day and i didn't find them to be sticky once. I have tried glosses from revolution before and i have always loved them and they are one of my favourites to use. I received some really nice shades in this box ones that i would wear everyday. They don't have any shades names just 01, 02 and 03. They are very pigmented glosses but i quite like that as they are great to wear over a liquid lipstick or just any lipstick.



DAY THREE:
Day 3 is an Illuminating Setting Spray. Now i do have more oily skin and i wouldn't usually use these kind of products but in my collection i do have that one foundation that is even to matte for me so i like to use this in conjunction with that to make it go on just that bit easier. I wouldn't say that i is illuminating as such it just has a few sort of glitter particles in it. however it does give a really nice finish when my face is looking super matte and i want a bit of a glow.



DAY FOUR:
Day 4 is a Mattifying Primer, i always need primers cause i go through them quite quick so this was a good thing to receive especially a matte one. The consistency is that of like of the smash box primer, like a silicone formula. I'm not a one to usually go for these kind of primers i usually prefer a cream 
one but this actually works really well, it definitely kept my face matte and my foundation on all day.



DAY FIVE:
Day 5 is a Cooling Setting Spray. I have had things like this before but when you get them with like the sun care products during the summer and I always have them on me. So to receive this is great especially when your face is just feeling really hot for like no reason. And I've never seen something like this from any other brand before. I haven't used this to much since I opened it as tbh it's cold enough already.


DAY SIX:
Day 6 is an Illuminating Eye Primer. Now tbh I don't really see much use of this as it would only crease if you didn't set it and if you do set it takes away the illuminating factor. It does have a really nice glow to it and I might have another go if yo see how I can make it work but tbh I probably wouldn't use this product again. And I never really use eye primers anyways I always use concealer I find it works better for me. 


DAY SEVEN:
Day 7 is a Metallic Crush Pigment Palette. I already love revolution eyeshadow so I knew before trying these that I would already love them. These shadows are so pigmented and I had no trouble applying them to my eyes. These metallic shades are so amazing they glide on the eyes so easy.




DAY EIGHT:
Day 8 is a Ultimate Neutrals Pigment Palette. I feel like revolution have mastered their eyeshadow now as the quality is just amazing. I love this palette I have been using it practically everyday since I opened it and the shades are just amazing like ones that give such a natural eye look and even a more 
dramatic look as well.




DAY NINE:
Day 9 is a Velvet Mattes Pigment Palette. I haven't had to much of a chance to use this palette a lot but the shades are amazing, for being all mattes they blend so easily. It's like a staple in my collection now as it has every matte crease shade you could ever want. The bright pink shade in this palette is so amazing, so bright and so pigmented I don't have one like it in my collection. Definitely going to have to try and use this more.


DAY TEN:
Day 10 is a Blush and Highlight Palette. This palette is so amazing and I was so excited to open it. The last shade in the palette I have been using everyday as a blush topper and it is so gorgeous, a rode gold sort of shade. I have never really tried any blushers from revolution before so I'm glad I got to try one in this and I hope they release blushes in singles and I would definitely buy them all.


DAY ELEVEN:
Day 11 is an Ultra Contour Palette. Now I love face palettes one of my favourite things to have on my collection. I have tried contour and bronzer powders from revolution  before and they have never failed to amaze me, definitely one of my favourites to use. The middle contour shade is perfect for my skin tone and the others work amazing as bronzers. It's like this palette was just made for my skin tone.


DAY TWELVE:
Day 12 is a Brow Palette. Now I am just recently starting to fill my brows in. I know it's took me to long. But I'm just trying out different products and shades to see what I like best and work looks the best. I do really like the powders I this palette. Not a big fan of the wax ones as they just don't work to well for me. The concealer shade is really nice and I have been using that one as an eyeshadow base and it has been working great.

I really hope you enjoyed my review of the revolution 2018 makeup gift set 12 days of Christmas advent box. if you got this for Christmas please let me know in the comments, i would love to know your thoughts on it. It would really mean a lot if everyone could also follow as well as i have been putting my heart and soul into my blog posts and i would love for everyone to appreciate them as well. i would also love if everyone could follow my Instagram page as well @kissnmakeup97 as i do post a lot of my most recent purchases on there and some smaller reviews that don't make it on here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Drugstore Face Mask's

Summer beauty essentials

Morphe 35M Boss Mood Artistry Eyeshadow Palette Review & Swatches