Revolution Ultimate Essentials Makeup Giftset Review and Swatches

This year revolution have gone above and beyond with the Christmas gifts. There are so many to choose from and there are so many more that i want, but one that really stood out to me and one that i have been wanting since they first released in my Superdrug store was the ultimate essentials giftset. This is one of the more expensive sets that they have released this year but for when you get the price is definitely worth it. I had managed to get the set one a black Friday deal when it was down to £17.50, so with my staff discount and some points i had on my card i managed to get this set for only £10, which i was super chuffed with.
I definitely think the packaging of this set is so nice with them all packaged in nude and i would love to see more of this packaging from them in feature releases. This giftset contains almost everything you would need to create nearly a full face. Included in this is 3 brushes, 1 foundation/buffing brush, 1 blending eyeshadow brush and 1 lip brush. A brow palette, A baked highlight and bronze duo, An eyeshadow primer, A NEW reloaded palette, A NEW lip palette and a powder contour kit. I am going to be talking and swatching all of these products separately below.

First i will be talking about the brushes, so i know i already like revolution brushes so i knew id love these. I have never owned a lip brush before as i have never owned a lip palette before, but this brush picks up the product on the brush so easily, it can also be used as a concealer and even a flat eyeshadow brush. Next brush is a blending eyeshadow brush, this has quickly become my new favourite blending brush, It is so soft and fluffy and just blends your eyeshadow so easily and just gives you look a lovely blended out look. Last brush included in this set is a foundation/buffing brush, i never use brushes for my foundation as i just prefer to use a sponge but this brush is so lovely and soft that i actually like the way it makes my foundation go on, will definitely continue to use this brush.
Next product included in this set was a brow palette, included in this is 3 powder shades, a wax and a highlighting cream. Now i am just starting to fill in my eyebrows as i never really need to as they are all ready quite dark and thick, but i just wanted to add a bit more colour and shape to them. For that this works really well. The powders are so lovely and really pigmented and just give a lovely look to my brows, The wax I'm not to sure how to use, so if anyone knows please let me know in the comments, and the highlight cream i just use to highlight under my brow bone and it is a lovely pale yellow gold colour.
One of my favourite products included inside is the baked highlight and bronze duo, The pink shade makes such a lovely highlight and definitely makes you glow, it is more pink which i do like. this does also make a really nice blush topper which i have recently gotten into a lot as i just love the look of them and i just love to glow. I really like the bronze shade as i love to have a glowy bronzer, it is quite pigmented and very glowy so i only use a little bit on my brush and it just gives a lovely sheen on top of my matte bronzer.
A product included that i have never really used before is an eyeshadow primer, this is something i never use as i just use concealer as for me it works much better and gives better coverage. However this eye primer doesn't give any coverage but it is quite tacky which i like as the shadow sticks better. I will continue to try and use this one those days when I'm not doing much or extreme eyeshadow looks.
So i love the reloaded palettes from revolution and i have a couple of them in my collection now as for the price which is £4 they are amazing quality and super pigmented. In this palette there are only 3 matte shades, one of which is a light pinkie brown shade and the other 2 are quite dark, however i find that they balance out each other nicely and you can still make a really nice eye look with only them 3 mattes. The other shades in this palette re all a mixture of kind of glitter shades, shimmer shades and metallic shades which are my favourite. I did find it kind of difficult to use the glitter shades as they didn't pick up on my brush and they didn't really pick up that well on my finger either, so if anyone else has tried this and has found a way to use this i would love to know.
Second last item in this set is a lip palette. now i have never owned a lip palette before and it isn't something i would go out and buy, nonetheless the shades in this palette are lovely, they are a weird finish, they are more of a balm than a lipstick formula. I'm glad there is more nude shades included i this than reds and pinks which there is only one each of those included. I am definitely going to be trying to use this a lot more as i do really like the shades and i am glad to have something like this in my collection now.
Last product in this gift set and my favourite product out of them all is the contour palette. I have always wanted to see what this was like as they have been doing it for a while now they have just repackaged it for this gift. The contour shade is perfect for me and for anyone with fair to light skin tones. The highlight shade is insane, it is so blinding. I made the mistake of going in with a lot of product the first time i used it as tbh i wasn't expecting it to be super blinding, but i was wrong. and lastly i believe it is more of a pinkie highlight on the end but it makes a lovely blush topper which i have just mentioned i am really getting into at the moment. So overall i am really glad to see this product included and I'm definitely going to be using this a lot more as i just love everything about this trio.
I really hope you enjoyed my review of the Revolution Ultimate giftset and if you have this and have tried everything out of it please let me know in the comments what you thought of it. It would really mean a lot if everyone could follow my blog as well as i have been putting my heart and soul into my posts and i would love for everyone to appreciate them as well. I would also love if everyone could follow my Instagram @kissnmakeup97 as well as i do post a lot of my most recent purchases on there and some smaller reviews that don't make it one here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Drugstore Face Mask's

Summer beauty essentials

Morphe 35M Boss Mood Artistry Eyeshadow Palette Review & Swatches